Our
God and Creator is infinite and perfect in all His ways and attributes. But infinite
justice, it seems, would clash with infinite love.
For
example, God’s infinite justice demands payment for every evil thought and misdeed.
Because the human race became a fallen and rebellious race, God would have been
just to send us all to hell. There would have been no protests in heaven, but
only a sense of satisfaction that justice had been served.
Our Creator, however, is not only a Being of
infinite justice but also a Being of infinite love, and love will find a way. Because
infinite justice must be satisfied, the holiest individual on earth could not
make satisfaction for the sins of humanity. Neither could satisfaction be made
by Michael, Gabriel or any angelic being.
Infinite
justice could only be satisfied with an infinite payment for sin. This is why God
Himself came down from heaven and took on human flesh in the person of Jesus
Christ. Through His sufferings and death on the Cross, which included a sense of abandonment by God, He became the infinite sacrifice
that was necessary to satisfy infinite justice.
Because infinite justice and infinite love met in one dazzling cosmic display at the Cross of Christ, God can now maintain His
infinite justice and offer forgiveness and reconciliation to all who will put
their faith in Jesus Christ. There is only one way back to God for rebellious
humanity, and God Himself has provided the way—faith in Jesus Christ.
If
you have not made Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior, I invite you to pray this prayer with me.
Almighty
God, I know that I am a sinner, and I come to you now through Jesus Christ the
Lord. I ask you to forgive me and cleanse me of my sins. I choose this day to
turn from my own way and to trust Jesus Christ and Him alone for my salvation.
I choose this day to follow Jesus Christ and be His disciple for the rest of my
life.
Welcome
to the family God!
If you prayed this prayer, we would like to send you a free book by Dr. Eddie Hyatt entitled, Why I Believe in God. You can request it in the comments below or by sending an email to dreddiehyatt@gmail.com. Check out his latest book, America's Reawakening, available from Amazon and his website at https://eddiehyatt.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment