How a Simple Word from God Launched Our Writing and Publishing Ministry
It was 1993 and for some
time I had been struggling to organize the mountain of research I had collected
for my first book. I just could not seem to fit the multitude of pieces
together into a readable format and had decided to give up and set the project
aside. Maybe I would write a book that would be easier to manage.
Sue, who had been out shopping, came in about this
time. She handed me a tie pin that she had picked up at a Christian bookstore.
In the middle of the tiny globe on the pin was an actual mustard seed. She handed
it to me and said, “Your book is going to be like this mustard seed.”
The words were hardly out of her mouth when she
spontaneously broke forth with an utterance in tongues. The interpretation immediately
came to me from Mark 4:30-32 where Jesus compared the kingdom of God to a mustard
seed, saying,
It is like a mustard seed which, when it
is sown on the ground, is smaller than all the seeds on earth; but when it is
sown, it grows up and becomes greater than all herbs, and shoots out large
branches, so that the birds of the air may nest under its shade.
I immediately knew that God wanted me to complete this
book and that it would put out large branches of influence and open doors that
would be a blessing to me and many others. I went back to work and completed 2000
Years of Charismatic Christianity in 1996 while teaching at Zion Bible
Institute in Barrington, RI.
The Mustard Seed
Sprouts
Sue mailed copies of the book to various pastors and
ministries. She mailed a copy to the “Toronto Blessing” where people were
coming from all over the world to experience a unique outpouring of the Holy
Spirit. They began promoting the book and it quickly spread all over the world.
True to the “mustard seed prophecy,” it began putting out many branches. I began hearing from people from throughout the U.S., Canada and other countries who had read the book and testified that their desire for real Revival had been reignited.
I began receiving invitations from churches and various
educational institutions to preach and teach from the book. I was invited to give a 90-minute
lecture based on the book at Oxford University and be part of a panel
discussion on the Holy Spirit. Colleges and seminaries began using it as a
textbook including an Episcopal seminary.
Because of the book, I received invitations to serve on the faculties at Oral Roberts University, Christ for the Nations Institute, Zion Bible Institute, Christian Life School of Theology and others. It has been translated into numerous languages including Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Romanian, Latvian and others.
Because of the book I was invited to be part of the ministry team for the Azusa Centennial in Los Angles in 2006 with 50,000 in attendance. Because of the book I was invited to be part of the ministry team for Azusa-Asia held in Jakarta, Indonesia with over 70,000 in attendance.
The stories go on and on. Just a few months ago I was
contacted by the Tyrannus Theological Seminary in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and asked
to present a lecture to their faculty and students based on the book. I presented
two powerful lectures from the book to this evangelical seminary that is
training Christian leaders from all over Asia.
This is the 30-year anniversary of the book’s publication in 1996. We did two initial printings of the book through our own ministry with a green cover with gold lettering. In 2002 we allowed Charisma House to take responsibility for publishing and distributing the book and they created the attractive cover on the right.
The mustard seed prophecy continues to be fulfilled. Although we have published more than 40 books since that time, it is still our most popular, best-selling book.
A Revival Cohort
At age 79 and knowing my days on earth are numbered, I
have decided to do a one-time event with the book to coincide with its 30-year
anniversary and the launch of The Hyatt Institute.
Beginning September 10, 2026, I am going to meet via
zoom each week with those who take the course, “2000 Years of Charismatic
Christianity, Part 1” with the Hyatt Institute. I am calling this group a “Revival Cohort” and
we will discuss the video lectures and the corresponding material in the book.
We will pray together and make application to our personal lives and to the
church today.
The Hyatt Institute is an online, self-serve Bible
Institute wherein the student purchases the course and works at his/her own
pace and within their own timeframe. Everyone who purchases the course between
now and September 10 is welcome to be a part of this Revival Cohort.
I have arranged for the textbook and Study Guide to be
made available at a greatly reduced cost by going to my website, http://eddiehyatt.com, and purchasing from the
display on the homepage.


No comments:
Post a Comment