1/25/2023

HOW I LEARNED THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DIVINE HEALTH AND DIVINE HEALING

This past week I had my regular physical at the VA Clinic in Fort Worth, TX. No issues. No medications. The doctor said, "Your health is excellent." I then decided to give him a testimony. I said to him,

My faith in Jesus Christ is very important to me. Thirty-five years ago, when I was forty, I was very sick and God gave me 3 directives for coming out of it: (1) Change my eating habits; (2) Get proper rest; and (3) Walk two miles per day. Obeying those directives changed me for the rest of my life.

He was very impressed and commended me for my pursuit of health. He also became very personable and friendly. When he had finished his examination, he asked if I wanted to come back in the normal time frame of  6 months. I said, "How about in 1 year?" He replied, "That is fine since I am not doing anything for you."

Through the very challenging but rewarding experience, which I mentioned to the doctor, I learned the difference between Divine health and Divine healing. At the onset of the sickness, I was seeking for a miraculous healing, but it never came. When, however, I stopped seeking healing and began seeking the Healer, He gave me a personalized path for Divine health.

Indeed, as I implemented His directives, the heart palpitations and pains in the chest eventually disappeared. It took 3½ years, but the high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and high cholesterol all stabilized and became normal. Now, thirty-five years later, I am still experiencing the blessing of following His directives for Divine health.

Indeed, if Divine healing is based on faith, then Divine health is based on obedience. When God revealed Himself to Israel as Yahweh-Rophe, “the LORD Your Healer,” it was in the context of them being obedient to His directives. God said,

If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you (Exodus 15:26-27).

We see the same principle in the New Testament. Jesus miraculously healed a man of paralysis, but since He wanted him to have ongoing Divine health, He later found him and admonished, See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you (John 5:14). Divine healing is not a guarantee of Divine health.

In retrospect, I can see that the unkindest thing God could have done at the onset of my sickness would have been to give me a miracle of healing. I would not have made any changes and would likely be dead today because of an unhealthy lifestyle. He loved me enough to force me to make changes.

When we go to a human doctor, he will prescribe a remedy after his examination. Too often, it is pharmaceuticals that only address the symptoms and not the root of the problem. When, however, you bring your case to Dr. Jesus, and put yourself in His hands, He will prescribe a remedy that will address the root of the problem and put you on your own personalized path to Divine health.  

I am very thankful and give glory to God that He taught me the difference between Divine health and Divine healing. With the Psalmist, I say,

It is goo to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to Your name O Most High; to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning and your faithfulness every night (Psalm 92:1-2).

This article is derived from the small book, 3 Keys to Answered Prayer, in which Dr. Eddie Hyatt gives a detailed account of how God brought him out of sickness by giving him a personalized path to healing and Divine health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment