Why America's Future is Now at Stake in Her Past
I thought it could never happen, but it is.
On a major news network some time ago, I heard an American Muslim leader insist that the media begin using the term “Judeo-Islamic-Christian,” rather than “Judeo-Christian,” when referring to the religious values on which this country was founded. Having studied America’s origins, I dismissed his statement as being too far-fetched to be of any concern.
Now, it is obvious that there is cause for great concern! In an article posted by Charisma News (http://tinyurl.com/k5yvlzm), Larry Tomczak highlights statements President Obama has made pushing the very same agenda. Here are the presidential quotes beginning with the most recent.
• "Islam has been woven into the fabric of our country since its founding." (2015)
• "This holiday (Muslim Eid) reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy." (2014)
• “Islam has always been part of America." (2010)
• "I also know that Islam has always been a part of our American story." (2009)
I find it disturbing that the president would distort the history of this country in this manner. But we must remember that liberal progressives do not necessarily present history as it was, but how they think it should have been. They write (or rewrite) history to serve their own goals, not to give a factual account of what happened in the past. In their twisted thinking, their noble end justifies the unsavory means.
And never forget that there is a purpose behind this attempt to revise America’s history. A people, or nation, derive their sense of identity from their history. Change their history and you can fundamentally change their understanding of who they are as a nation or people.
This is what George Orwell was referring to in his classic book, 1984, when he wrote, “Whoever controls the past, controls the future.” This is why Karl Marx said, “People without a heritage are easily persuaded.” These revisionists know that if they can successfully alter America’s history, they can easily persuade the masses to accept fundamental change in the very character of the nation and thereby completely alter its future.
For example, if the revisionists, with this president’s support, can create a new American history wherein Islam has played an important role, then Islamic culture and thinking cannot be looked upon as something foreign. Sharia cannot be rejected as something un-American. In the new Judeo-Islamic-Christian culture it will be the critics of such politically-correct syncretism who will be painted as bigoted, narrow and un-American. Sadly, it is already happening!
Maintaining America’s true history is, therefore, vital! Our future as a nation is now at stake in our past!
Knowledge is power and in Hosea 4:6 God said, My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because we have lacked knowledge of our history as a nation birthed out of Spiritual awakening and established on Biblical values, revisionists are already rewriting our history—a new history designed to destroy the America of the past and create a new America in their own image.
This is why America, especially Christian America, must be educated concerning her radical Christian origins. This is why I wrote the book, America’s Revival Heritage. This is why I founded The Revive America Project and why I am presenting “Revive America” events wherever God sends and opens the door.
Consider the following statements by America’s Founders and note how they contrast the statements of the president.
• “The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity.” – John Adams
• It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ.” – Patrick Henry
• “It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.” – George Washington
• “I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus.” – Thomas Jefferson
• “Unto Him who is the author and giver of all good, I render sincere and humble thanks for his manifold and unmerited blessings, and especially for our redemption and salvation by His beloved Son” - John Jay (First Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court)
I know it is not too late for America! At critical times in our nation’s history, God has intervened with Divine awakenings in response to the cries of His people. I am confident that He will do it again if we will pray and recover the truth about this nation’s unique Christian origins. Our future is now at stake in our past!
Dr. Eddie L. Hyatt is an author, historian and Bible teacher. His books, including America’s Revival Heritage, are available from Amazon and from his website. He is the founder of The Revive America Project and conducts Revive America events throughout the nation. To learn more about his ministry, check out his website at www.eddiehyatt.com.
FROM THE "REVIVE AMERICA" YOUTUBE CHANNEL
The Incredible Story of William Penn and the Founding of Americahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?