An Amazing Miracle that Surprised and Stunned Me
In
the early days of our marriage, I was invited to speak on a Sunday night at
Crossroads Cathedral in Rothesay, New Brunswick. Sue knew some of the people from before she had gone away to Bible school, but they were all new to me. My message was entitled “Household
Salvation” and I encouraged the people to stand on God’s promises for
the salvation of their entire household.
At
the end of my message, I invited people who desired prayer to come forward and I would lay hands on them and pray and agree with them for the salvation of their family. About 15 people came forward, many of them women who came for prayer for their unsaved children.
There
was much weeping as I went along and prayed for each one. The one exception was
a woman who, instead of standing, sat on the altar bench. She sat very stoic as
I prayed for her, with no expression of emotion whatsoever. I then moved on to the next
person.
Assuming
this woman had not received anything because of the absence of any emotion, I
went back and prayed for her a second time. She still sat stoically without
voicing any prayer or emotion. I finished the prayer, assuming that she had not
received anything from the Lord. I then turned the service to the emcee who dismissed the congregation with a prayer.
We returned to this church the following Sunday morning and this same woman, Freda
Steeves, stood and asked to give a testimony. Her words stunned me and astounded everyone present. She said,
You all know that I have been bedridden with a
cracked spine and in constant pain. The pain has been so severe that I have not
been able to feed myself and Stan (her husband) has had to help me turn in the bed. Last Sunday I determined that I was coming to the evening service; and I did but experienced excruciating pain throughout the
service.
She then turned toward me and said, “But when you prayed for me the second time, all the pain left my body and I have not had any pain since.”
We all praised God for this amazing, miraculous healing that could not be denied by sceptics. There were just too many family and friends who were intimately aware of the dramatic change that had suddenly occurred in her body. The only explanation was a God-ordained miracle.
Yes, it was an amazing miracle beyond what we had asked or thought, for I had not realized that she had come forward for physical healing (Eph. 3:20). It was also a great reminder that emotion and feeling cannot be the criterion for judging whether a person is receiving from God. And why God healed her the second time I prayed, and not the first time, only He knows.
This story is an excerpt from the upcoming new book by Eddie and Sue Hyatt, entitled, Remembering 50 Years of God's Faithfulness. Yes, praying for the sick has been an important part of our life and ministry together. God is still healing today as in ages past. For a small but powerful book on healing by Eddie, check out 3 Keys to Answered Prayer, available from Amazon and the Hyatt's website at https://eddiehyatt.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment