11/04/2014

REVIVE AMERICA - NEW YORK

Renewing the Vision – Reclaiming the Hope
Dear Friends,
The first "Revive America" event in Schenectady, NY was a great blessing and I came away with a deep and holy sense of Divine destiny in my heart; with the deep sense that this message needs to be heard across the nation. I thought it was interesting, and perhaps providential, that the first "Revive America" event was held in the area that George Barna has identified as the most "post-Christian" area in America--the "Capital District of Schenectady/Albany, New York.
FOR THE GLORY OF GOD AND THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH
On Saturday evening as I was speaking about the significance of the early written documents by the early Pilgrims, I showed the Mayflower Compact on the big screen. I had a definite sense that I was to lead the people in repeating the two stated reasons they had come to this land--"for the glory of God and the advancement of the Christian faith."
At the end of the service a young man talked to me who was so excited at what he had heard. He said, "I am attending a community college and taking a course on American History. The professor told us that the Pilgrims did not really come for religious reasons but for economic reasons. But it is there in their own words." He was overjoyed and said, "I am going to Regent University to study Bible and History and I want to teach this like you."

THE MESSAGE THAT BIRTHED A NATION
Sunday morning was so powerful as I spoke about the message of the Great Awakening. I identified seven points that were emphasized by the preachers of the Great Awakening, that led the late Harvard professor, Perry Miller, to declare, "The Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a direct result of the preaching of the evangelist of the Great Awakening."  I saw lots of tears and many came forward for prayer for themselves and  for another Great Awakening in the land.

FORMER STUDENTS ATTEND THIS EVENT
I was pleasantly surprised to see former students in the meetings. Paul & Naomi Novik and their three children drove about two hours from their home near New York City. Paul and Naomi worked closely with Sue and me when we all lived in Tulsa. Paul was a a student of mine at CFNI years ago. He met Naomi, a native of New Orleans, when her family fled Hurricane Katrina and came to the DFW area (God brings good out of bad things). Giancarlo (John) De Luca was a student of mine at WIBI in Toronto and he rode his motorcycle about 400 miles to be in the meetings, and was a great blessing.

BOOK SALES HAVE JUMPED
It is interesting, and I think Providential, that sales of America's Revival Heritage have taken off since this event. If you do not have a copy of the book, it is available from Amazon and from my website at www.eddiehyatt.com/bookstore.html.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
You can join me and others in praying for another Great Awakening in our land and around the world. You can consider becoming a prayer partner and pray with me for wisdom and God's Providential guidance in getting this message out to the nation and the world. You can consider becoming a monthly financial partner and help underwrite the expenses of this ministry. God is our Source and we look to Him, but He uses human channels to fulfill His plans and purposes.
I am your friend and partner for another Great Awakening; in your life, in America and around the world!

Eddie Hyatt
www.eddiehyatt.com

********************************************


Donate/PayPal
http://www.eddiehyatt.com/donate.html


Hyatt Int’l Ministries
P.O. Box 3877
Grapevine, TX  76099-3877

No comments:

Post a Comment